The purpose of the gift is to provide fellowship funding for University of North Florida MPA students, with preference given to students pursuing the local government urban policy and administration track which includes planning courses.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admissions requirements for the Masters in Public Administration and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Have an undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75.
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Enroll for minimum of 6 credit hours enrollment in the program for the term of the scholarship,
- Maintain a cumulative MPA program GPA of 3.0,
- Comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the donor, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- Essay: submit a short (no more than two-three pages) essay explaining their career goals in the public or non-profit sector, and why they would be a good choice for selection as a Madison-Mullis-Deming scholar.
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with their academic or work performance. The letters of recommendation may be the same letters used for admission to the MPA program.
- Yes, with preference, for a maximum of six semesters