Gray Study Abroad Scholarship
Established in 1997 by business and community leaders Ann (B.A. '95) and David Hicks and is named in Honor of Father Neil Gray, an adjunct faculty member at UNF. Father Gray inspired his students to reflect carefully and imaginatively about the shape and purpose of their lives. In acknowledgement of Father Gray's teaching and example, the Scholarship donors wish to support just such reflection on the part of students.
Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Be enrolled at the University of North Florida and be in good standing,
- Major or minor in Art History, English, Fine Arts, French Studies, History, Philosophy, Religious Studies, or Spanish.
- Must have approval from the International Center (Building 58 East, Suite 2300) to participate in a study abroad program,
- Must have financial need,
- Must be on track to complete his or her study abroad by December 31, 2019.
Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to
- Must enroll full-time (12 credit hours) each semester and earn a minimum of 24 credits by the end of each academic year,
- Maintain a GPA of at least 3.0 for the freshman and sophomore years,
- Comply with all University Regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division University Development and Alumni Engagement for the purpose of reporting to donors, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
Required Application Attachments
- Please explain what you expect to learn from your study abroad in five separate sections,
- Why you are majoring or minoring in an arts or humanities discipline,
- How you expect your proposed travel to relate to what you have learned in your formal, liberal arts coursework,
- What you would like to learn that you do not already know,
- How your travel will provide you such learning opportunities, and
- What challenges you anticipate in the course of your travel.
- No student will be eligible to receive more than one study abroad scholarship. The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the Financial Aid Office.
How To Apply
- Log onto myWings > under my records select "student self-service" > Click online forms > Scholarship Requests (COAS) > Click COAS Study Abroad Scholarship Application > Follow Directions for completion of application.
Scholarship recipients will be selected and notified in early December.