Eddie M. Skolfield Scholarship
Established in 2000, this gift provides a scholarship for science students interested in biology, ultimately leading to a medical profession. Dr. Skolfield immigrated to the United States after World War II and worked with a group of pediatric physicians led by Dr. Richard Skinner of Jacksonville.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admission requirements and be accepted by the University of North Florida,
- Reside in Florida for tuition purposes,
- Enroll full-time each semester and earn a minimum of 24 credits by the end of each academic year,
- Be a junior or senior in the fall of application year,
- Declare a major in biology, and
- Demonstrate need through the submission of a FAFSA.
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Enroll full-time each semester, and earn a minimum of 24 credits by the end of each academic year,
- Comply with all University Regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to donors, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- Essay: The purpose of these scholarship funds is to provide support for Biology students. Your essay (1-2 pages, double spaced) should respond to the following questions:
- How do you plan to utilize your biology degree once you have graduated from UNF?