E.L. Konigsburg Scholarship
The purpose of the award is to provide scholarship funding for University of North Florida students.
- Students eligible for the scholarship awards must:
- meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- demonstrate the existence in his or her life of serious obstacles to beginning and/or completing an undergraduate degree program at the University, such as a lack of personal financial resources, a lack of societal support and/or a lack of familial support,
- reside in Florida for tuition purposes,
- reside in a county in Northeast Florida, (Duval, St. Johns, Nassau, Baker, Union, Clay, Bradford, Alachua, Marion, Lake, Volusia, Flagler)
- express an interest in a major within the College of Arts and Sciences,
- be identified by the enrollment services offices in conjunction with the financial aid offices as these offices are aware of students with special financial circumstances,
- complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and
- demonstrate financial need as defined by the University's Office of Financial Aid.
- Students selected for this scholarship award must also agree to:
- enroll full-time (12 credit hours) each semester and earn a minimum of 12 credits by the end of each academic year,
- continues to persevere in overcoming obstacles,
- maintain a GPA of at least 2.0 for the freshman, sophomore, junior and senior years,
- comply with all University regulations, rules, codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- declare a major within the College of Arts and Sciences,
- consent to release grades to the Division of University Development and Alumni Engagement for the purpose of reporting to the Donor,
- remain in good standing as a student, and
- file FAFSA form with the federal government each year.