Donald Loop Spanish Scholarship
The purpose of the gift is to provide scholarship funding and one time study abroad opportunities for University of North Florida students majoring in Spanish.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Have a minimum cumulative Spanish course GPA of 2.75,
- Declare an interest in a Spanish language major (sophomore) or be accepted as a major in Spanish language junior or senior),
- Have a UNF approved study abroad trip scheduled to be completed prior to graduation, and
- Complete the application process and be selected by a committee appointed by the Chair of the Department of World Languages.
2. Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Once accepted, enroll full-time (12 credit hours) each semester and earn a minimum of 24 credits by the end of each academic year,
- Maintain a cumulative Spanish course GPA of at least 2.75 the sophomore, junior and senior years,
- Comply with all University Regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students o campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to donors, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
3. Required Application Attachments
- Yes, with preference, for a maximum of 6 semesters. However, no student will be eligible to receive more than one study abroad scholarship. The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the Financial Aid Office.