Dean's Leadership Council Transformational Learning Scholarship
The UNF College of Arts & Sciences Dean's Council is accepting applications for its 2019 Transformational Learning Scholarships.
These are competitive, merit-based awards in support of undergraduate students engaged in scholarly and/or creative projects that will enrich their academic learning and personal development. Scholarship recipients will receive up to $3,500 to support their experience.* The project must be undertaken during the summer or fall semesters of 2019.
The Transformational Learning Scholarship will fund students pursuing:
- Directed Independent Study - specific guided research with a tenure-track faculty member
- Internships - academically relevant unpaid internships
- International Learning - study abroad or TLO courses abroad
- Undergraduate Research that requires lengthy laboratory or field work
The Transformational Learning Scholarship application deadline is February 15, 2019. The College of Arts & Sciences Dean's Council will evaluate the applications and will make its award decisions by March 25, 2019.
COAS TLO 2019 Application
Exemplary Student Application Sample
To be eligible for the Transformational Learning Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a College of Arts & Sciences bachelor's degree program in the year following receipt of the scholarship
- Have a full-time College of Arts & Sciences faculty member sponsor the project and oversee its completion. The faculty sponsor must endorse the student's proposal as part of this application.
- Enroll for three hours of academic credit for his or her work and receive a letter grade from the sponsoring faculty member upon the project's completion. If the project is intended to take place during the summer semester, students are encouraged to complete a Summer Financial Aid Request Form via their myWings account.
- Be willing and available to present the results of the completed project at a Dean's Council meeting, comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus, and consent to release his or her grades to University Development and Alumni Engagement if they are requested.
Have questions? Please contact Amanda Lovins, College of Arts & Sciences Associate Director at 620.1054 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The total value of financial aid and scholarships the student receives during any one academic year at UNF should not exceed the Cost of Education as established by UNF Enrollment Services. If the student is awarded a combination of federal, state, private, foundation, institutional financial aid, and scholarships which exceeds the Cost of Education, the institutional scholarship will be reduced until the total value of financial aid and scholarships equals the cost of education for the semester.