Dean's Leadership Council Transformational Learning Scholarship
The UNF College of Arts & Sciences Dean's Council is accepting applications for the Transformational Learning and James Van Vleck TLO Opportunity Scholarships.
The deadline to apply is Friday February 25, 2022.
Applications can be submitted for both awards in Academic Works by searching for "COAS Transformational Learning Endowed Scholarship"
These are competitive, merit-based awards in support of undergraduate students engaged in scholarly and/or creative projects that will enrich their academic learning and personal development. Scholarship recipients will receive funding based on availability to support their experience.* The project must be undertaken during the summer or fall semesters.
The Transformational Learning Scholarship will fund students pursuing:
- Directed Independent Study - specific guided research with a full-time faculty member
- Internships - academically relevant unpaid internships
- International Learning - study abroad or TLO courses abroad
- Undergraduate Research that requires lengthy laboratory or field work
The College of Arts & Sciences Dean's Council will evaluate the applications and will make its award decisions approximately one month after the deadline.
To be eligible for the Transformational Learning Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a College of Arts & Sciences bachelor's degree program in the year following receipt of the scholarship
- Have a full-time College of Arts & Sciences faculty member sponsor the project and oversee its completion. The faculty sponsor must endorse the student's proposal as part of this application.
- Enroll for three hours of academic credit for his or her work and receive a letter grade from the sponsoring faculty member upon the project's completion. If the project is intended to take place during the summer semester, students are encouraged to complete a Summer Financial Aid Request Form via their myWings account.
- Be willing and available to present the results of the completed project at a Dean's Council meeting, comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus, and consent to release his or her grades to University Development and Alumni Engagement if they are requested.
Have questions? Please contact the COAS Scholarship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The total value of financial aid and scholarships the student receives during any one academic year at UNF should not exceed the Cost of Education as established by UNF Enrollment Services. If the student is awarded a combination of federal, state, private, foundation, institutional financial aid, and scholarships which exceeds the Cost of Education, the institutional scholarship will be reduced until the total value of financial aid and scholarships equals the cost of education for the semester.
To apply: Submit
application in Academic Works to be considered for both opportunities by searching for the below award:
Transformational Learning Endowed Scholarship
You will need to answer the following questions.
explaining your funding request should not exceed 3 pages.
an essay explaining your interest in the program, internship, or Transformational Learning
Opportunity for which you are requesting funding. How and why will this
experience be transformational?
Attach an email or letter (as a PDF) from a sponsoring faculty member stating that
they have reviewed your essay and support the transformational learning
opportunity you are proposing. Please have the faculty member include the
dates of the project.
What is the total amount of funding you are requesting for this award? Detail how you plan to spend the funding, if selected.