Dean's Leadership Council Transformational Learning Scholarship
The UNF College of Arts & Sciences Dean's Council is accepting applications for the Transformational Learning Scholarships.
The deadline to apply is Wednesday February 17, 2021.
Applications can be submitted in Academic Works by searching for "COAS Transformational Learning Endowed Scholarship" and "James Van Vleck TLO Opportunity Scholarship"
These are competitive, merit-based awards in support of undergraduate students engaged in scholarly and/or creative projects that will enrich their academic learning and personal development. Scholarship recipients will receive funding based on availability to support their experience.* The project must be undertaken during the summer or fall semesters.
The Transformational Learning Scholarship will fund students pursuing:
- Directed Independent Study - specific guided research with a full-time faculty member
- Internships - academically relevant unpaid internships
- International Learning - study abroad or TLO courses abroad
- Undergraduate Research that requires lengthy laboratory or field work
to COVID-19 travel restrictions, Summer 2021 TLO projects with domestic or international
travel will not be accepted. Fall 2021 TLO projects with domestic or
international travel will be considered with continued guidance from UNF
Student and International Affairs. Please note that if you receive a TLO award
for domestic or international travel and the University still has restrictions,
the award will not be disbursed.
The College of Arts & Sciences Dean's Council will evaluate the applications and will make its award decisions approximately one month after the deadline.
To be eligible for the Transformational Learning Scholarship, an applicant must:
- Be enrolled in a College of Arts & Sciences bachelor's degree program in the year following receipt of the scholarship
- Have a full-time College of Arts & Sciences faculty member sponsor the project and oversee its completion. The faculty sponsor must endorse the student's proposal as part of this application.
- Enroll for three hours of academic credit for his or her work and receive a letter grade from the sponsoring faculty member upon the project's completion. If the project is intended to take place during the summer semester, students are encouraged to complete a Summer Financial Aid Request Form via their myWings account.
- Be willing and available to present the results of the completed project at a Dean's Council meeting, comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus, and consent to release his or her grades to University Development and Alumni Engagement if they are requested.
Have questions? Please contact the COAS Scholarship Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The total value of financial aid and scholarships the student receives during any one academic year at UNF should not exceed the Cost of Education as established by UNF Enrollment Services. If the student is awarded a combination of federal, state, private, foundation, institutional financial aid, and scholarships which exceeds the Cost of Education, the institutional scholarship will be reduced until the total value of financial aid and scholarships equals the cost of education for the semester.
To apply: Submit
application in Academic Works and Complete the applications for BOTH awards:
Transformational Learning Endowed Scholarship
Van Vleck TLO Opportunity Scholarship
You will need to answer the following questions.
You should copy/paste your responses from one application to the other to
ensure your application is considered for both funding sources. Your essay
explaining your funding request should not exceed 3 pages.
Write an essay explaining in detail
what you are requesting funding for. (Short Answer)
- Upload a PDF Print of an email from
your sponsoring faculty member stating that they will sponsor your project,
with the dates of the project included in the email. (DOCUMENT UPLOAD)
- What other funding sources have you
applied to/have you received for this TLO? (Short Answer)