Cascone Family Study Abroad Scholarship
Established in 2007 by the Cascone Family Foundation, this gift provides scholarships to undergraduate or graduate students in the College of Arts and Sciences declaring a major or minor in a foreign language and who have a UNF approved study abroad trip scheduled to be completed before their last semester. The purpose of these scholarship funds is to enable more students to have enriching and transformative educational experiences.
1. Students eligible for such scholarships must: ul>
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Be an undergraduate student,
- Major or minor in foreign language,
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75, and
- Have a UNF approved study abroad trip scheduled to be completed prior to their last semester.
Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- Once accepted, enroll for a minimum of 9 credit hours each semester and earn a minimum of 18 credits by the end of each academic year,
- Comply with all University Regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students o campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to donors, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
Required Application Attachments
- Submit an essay (typed, one-to-two page double spaced) addressing how your participation in the Cascone Study Abroad Scholarship Program will enrich your education, and how this experience will further your long-term aspirations.
- No student will be eligible to receive more than one study abroad scholarship. The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the Financial Aid Office.