Panides-Doughty Memorial Scholarship
Established in 2004 by family and friends, this gift provides scholarships for students majoring in criminal justice with an interest in law enforcement careers. The scholarship was created in memory of Jason Panides (B.A. '97), who died while serving as a border patrol officer in Laredo, Texas in 2001.
- Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admissions requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida,
- Enroll as a major in Criminal Justice with an interest in a career in law enforcement, and
- Possess a cumulative GPA of at least 2.8.
- Students awarded this scholarship must also agree to:
- enroll either full-time or part-time each semester and earn a minimum of 24 credits by the end of each academic year,
- maintain a GPA of at least 2.8 for the junior and senior years,
- comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the donor, and
- remain in good standing as a student.
- Required Application Attachments
- Essay: (1-2 pages, double spaced, Times
- Yes. Current recipients may apply for renewal and will be given preference, for a maximum of 4 semesters.