C. Dominik Güss
Phone: (904) 620-1634
Office: Social Sciences Building, Building 51, Room 3106
Office Hours: N/A
- Complex problem solving and dynamic decision making (NSF-funded)
- Virtual environments, microworlds
- Planning and Creativity
- Metacognition: Unconscious versus conscious processing
- Güss, C. D. (2011). Fire and ice: Testing a model on cultural values and complex problem solving/dynamic decision making. Journal of Cross-Cultural Psychology, 42, 1279-1298.
- Dörner, D., & Güss, C. D. (2011). A psychological analysis of Adolf Hitler’s decision making as Commander in Chief: Summa confidentia et nimius metus. Review of General Psychology, 15, 37-49.
- Güss, C. D. (2011). Suicide terrorism: Exploring western perceptions of terms, context, and causes. Behavioral Research in Terrorism and Political Aggression, 3, 97-115.
- Güss, C. D., & Dörner, D. (2011). Cultural differences in dynamic decision-making strategies in a non-linear, time-delayed task. Cognitive Systems Research. Special Issue on Complex Cognition, 12(3-4), 365-376.
- Güss, C. D., Tuason, M. T., & Gerhard, C. (2010). Cross-national comparisons of complex problem-solving strategies in two microworlds. Cognitive Science, 34(3), 489-520.
- Güss, C. D., & Tuason, M. T. (2008). Jeepneys: Values in the streets. Culture and Psychology, 14(2), 211-236.
- Magliano, J. P., Skowronski, J. J., Britt, M. A., Güss, C. D., & Forsythe, C. (2008). What do you want? How perceivers use cues to make goal inferences about others. Cognition, 106(2), 594-632.