The Philosophy Minor
The Department of Philosophy offers four minors: One in philosophy generally and three others in subfields tailored to specific interests or career objectives. All are 15 semester hours.
Conditions for the minor
- Of the total 15 hours for the minor, 12 must be upper level, i.e. 3000 or 4000 level philosophy courses.
- Of the total 15 hours for the minor, 3 hours can come from the General Education Philosophy courses, i.e. Introduction to Philosophy, Contemporary Ethical Issues, or Reasoning & Critical Thinking.
- 6 semester hours may be transferred towards the minor.
- A grade of “C” or better is required for all minor courses.
- Germany Today, The Japanese Mind, & The Greek Experience cannot be used as a part of the philosophy minor.