2018 Music Camp - Audition Materials
All campers will take placement audition(s) for ensemble placement while
at camp upon arrival. Audition materials are listed below.
Middle School Audition Requirements
For ensemble placement:
- Seven Major scales – Concert Bb, Eb, F, Ab, Db, C, G performed in the format you play them at school.
- A short sight-reading excerpt to test music reading skills.
Optional (for Middle School students who wish to audition for jazz band):
- Jazz excerpts listed below for your instrument:
- Jazz sight-reading
High School Audition Requirements
- All high School campers must prepare the classical excerpts. All high school campers will perform in a symphonic group, rhythm section only players exempt.
- Jazz requirements are for Jazz Band placement only and are optional for students not participating in jazz band.
- Jazz Combo requirements are separate and for the optional combo audition.
All High School Campers: