Skip to Main Content
Chamber Singers performing in black

Certificate of Choral Conducting

Eligibility: Students in any music major including non-degree seeking students. Courses in this program require departmental permission for registration. Undergraduate students must get permission from the Director of the School of Music to register for graduate- level courses.  

Certificate of Choral Conducting (7 credits)

MUG 4202 

Advanced Choral Conducting 


MUG 6256 

Choral Conduct and Lit Seminar 


MUL 4643 

Choral Literature 


Ensemble (4 Credits)

Students must take 4 credits of choral ensemble courses (in addition to the ensemble requirements of their major). Students should consult the School of Music for specific MUN courses that may count toward this requirement.  

Electives (0-6 credits) 

Though not required, students pursuing this certificate should consider taking one or more of the following courses as part of their major electives:

MUE 2410 

Choral Techniques 


MUG 6206 

Applied Choral Conducting 


MUR 3802 

Sacred Music Leadership and Administration 



*These courses will not be available every semester, and will require permission of the instructor.