Bachelor of Music Performance: Voice
The Bachelor of Music in Voice Performance curriculum prepares students for a life in music. Graduates hold positions in all aspects of the music industry, including performing in the nation's top professional and military ensembles, composing and arranging for the industry's leading artists, touring internationally, and serving as leading pedagogues in music education.
My Osprey Map [Course Sequence Guide]
- Please prepare three classical selections in contrasting styles.
- Stylistic preference should be given to standard art songs and/or arias from the baroque, classical, romantic, and 20th century classical repertoire. Musical Theater and folk song selections sung in English are also acceptable.
- At least one selection must be in a language other than English with linguistic preference given to Italian, German, French, Latin or Spanish. Classical selections in Portuguese, Russian, Czech, or Polish are also acceptable.
- The entire audition should be memorized and performed with a pre-recorded accompaniment track or live piano accompaniment. If you need an accompanist, one will be available at the audition. Please bring a copy of your music and $35 cash or check for the accompanist fee.
- Applicants will also be required to sing short sight-singing excerpts and vocal exercises led by the faculty.
- Applicants are required to wear appropriate and professional audition attire.
Video auditions are not be accepted in the Voice Area. If you cannot attend one of the audition days, please contact the Admissions Coordinator, Lamar Boyde, at firstname.lastname@example.org.