Bachelor of Music Performance: Voice
The Bachelor of Music in Voice Performance curriculum prepares students for a life in music. Graduates hold positions in all aspects of the music industry, including performing in the nation's top professional and military ensembles, composing and arranging for the industry's leading artists, touring internationally, and serving as leading pedagogues in music education.
- Please prepare three classical selections in
- Stylistic preference should be given to standard art
songs and/or arias from the baroque, classical, romantic, and 20th century
classical repertoire. Musical Theater and folk song selections sung in English
are also acceptable.
- At least one selection must be in a language other
than English with linguistic preference given to Italian, German, French, Latin
or Spanish. Classical selections in Portuguese, Russian, Czech, or Polish are
- The entire audition should be memorized and performed
with live piano accompaniment or pre-recorded accompaniment track.
- Applicants will also be required to sing short
sight-singing excerpts and vocal exercises led by the faculty.
- Applicants are required to wear appropriate and
professional audition attire.