Bachelor of Music Performance: Strings
The Bachelor of Music in Strings Performance curriculum prepares students for a life in music. Graduates hold positions in all aspects of the music industry, including performing in the nation's top professional and military ensembles, composing and arranging for the industry's leading artists, touring internationally, and serving as leading pedagogues in music education.
My Osprey Map [Course Sequence Guide]
- Prepare a solo of appropriate difficulty. Auditions should display musical maturity through expression, technique and stylistic interpretation. Solos need not be memorized but should reflect a high degree of familiarity and careful preparation by the performer. The use of an accompanist is optional, but recommended.*
- Auditionees will be asked to perform major and minor
scales and arpeggios in various keys.
- Auditionees will be required to sight-read.
- Auditionees will be expected to demonstrate knowledge of common musical terms and symbols, keys, and time signatures.
- Upon arrival to UNF, accepted auditionees who submitted recordings must demonstrate abilities required by items 2, 3 and 4 above.