To be considered for entrance into the UNF School of Music, you must apply separately to the University's admissions department and also to the UNF School of Music via a live or taped audition. Specific audition requirements and procedures are outlined in the UNF School of Music Student Handbook. We are fortunate to be able to offer many talent‐based and academic scholarships every year, including tuition waivers, to qualified new and returning students. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a music student at the University of North Florida, please contact us at (904) 620‐2960.
Admission and Scholarship Auditions
Admission and Scholarship auditions for the academic year are listed below. For the undergraduate program, please complete and submit the UNF School of Music admission application. For the graduate program, please complete the graduate program application and submit the required materials. To be considered for entrance, you must also apply to the University of North Florida and receive acceptance. Once the School of Music admission application has been received, prospective students will receive an email from the Admissions Coordinator with an audition time, 3-4 weeks prior to the audition date selected on their application. Prospective students who have not received an audition time a week prior to their desired audition date should contact the music office at (904) 620‐2961.
To be considered for scholarships, prospective students must visit Foundation Scholarships and complete the Data Consent Sharing Form. After 24 hours, students will receive access to enter Academic Works to apply for all scholarships in which they qualify. Music awards are not visible through Academic Works, however, any student who auditions and completes the Data Consent Sharing Form is eligible for any music
scholarship in which they qualify. There is no need to apply for music
scholarships, apply for non-music awards only. Additionally, prospective students must provide at least one letter of recommendation. The letter should evaluate the student's work ethic and their ability to successfully complete a Bachelor of Music degree, written by a teacher familiar with the student's work habits. The letter should be mailed to UNF School of Music, University of North Florida, 1 UNF Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32224, Attention: Dr. Nick Curry.
2021-2022 Audition Dates
- October 2, 2021
- January 22, 2022
- February 19, 2022
- March 5, 2022
*Audition dates are subject to change pending UNF's Fall admission procedures. In the event that changes are made, notice will be provided on the School of Music website and social media pages.
Important things to remember:
- Apply to UNF as early as possible in the fall of your senior year of high school. UNF offers academic scholarships based on GPA and test scores, you must apply by the November deadline to be eligible.
- Acceptance into the UNF School of Music is different from acceptance into UNF. You must audition for School of Music acceptance and scholarship consideration.
- General audition requirements and specific audition advice is available by contacting the professor who teaches your instrument/voice.
- Students can schedule an appointment with UNF Admissions to take a campus tour and can also set up an appointment to meet with music faculty and tour the music facilities. Some faculty members may be available to give a complementary lesson during your visit.
- UNF School of Music consists of highly talented and motivated students learning in a focused, intimate environment. Acceptance to the department is based on the incoming students ability to meet expectations for enrollment and availability for new students in teaching studios.