Skip to Main Content
student Alex Fechtel on study abroad trip to Greece

Double Majors/Dual Degrees  

Students can combine International Studies with other programs  of study by double-majoring (combining the Bachelor of Arts in International Studies with another Bachelor of Arts program) or pursuing dual degrees (combining the BA in International Studies with another degree, such as a BS) is also a possibility. Clayton McCarl, director of International Studies, is available to work with students, academic advisors and other disciplinary programs to explore possibilities for such combinations. 

Note the following:

  • Students who are double-majoring or pursuing dual degrees are not required to complete a minor, and may be able to count some courses toward both majors/degrees.
  • Credits that students have earned through accelerated mechanisms, such as AP, IB, CLEP or dual enrollment, do not count toward the total number of hours (generally 120, but not always) used in calculating financial aid awards or the excess credit hours surcharge. 
  • The statewide policy on excess credit hours provides special allowances for students pursuing double-majors or dual degrees.
Students should consult with their academic advisor and/or contact a One-Stop Student Services coordinator for individualized guidance on these matters.