In fulfillment of the International Educational Experience requirement, students may participate in:
- short-term programs led by UNF faculty, or
- semester-long programs at institutions with which UNF maintains exchange agreements.
Subject to approval by the director of International Studies, students may also:
- enroll as transient students in study abroad programs run by other colleges and universities in the United States (including programs offered by other Florida institutions, through the Florida Shines program);
- enroll directly as foreign students universities outside the US;
- participate in programs coordinated by third-party study-abroad providers (who generally charge significant fees); or
- pursue an internship with an international focus, in the US or abroad (see Internships)
The International Center can provide assistance to students interested in faculty-led programs and semester-long exchanges, as well as any of the other options mentioned above. For more information, please contact study abroad advisor Lauren Hodge.
The UNF International Business Flagship Program also offers short and long-term programs. For more information, contact Coggin Study Abroad.
Approvals and Paperwork
You must register for the 0-credit course INS3950 during the semester in which you will be studying abroad. For details, see Registering for and Completing INS3950.
This form will guide you through the approvals you will need, a process designed to make sure that you have addressed issues related to transfer of academic credits, financial aid, and other matters.