Mission and Student Learning Outcomes
The International Studies Program seeks to enable students to think critically about the contemporary world from a variety of disciplinary perspectives, and to endow them with set of competencies needed for success in graduate programs and as professionals and leaders in a diverse range of professions within government, business and the non-profit sector.
Student Learning Outcomes
These materials were approved by the members of the Advisory Committee to the International Studies Program in the spring of 2018.
- Demonstrate structural knowledge of the international system.
- Demonstrate an ability to compare differing cultural systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to locate and critically evaluate sources of information appropriate to academic research.
- Demonstrate the ability to construct and substantiate an original and narrowly defined argument in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively communicate research results orally and in a public setting.