Graduate Student Support
The UNF Writing Center offers a variety of appointment types and lengths for our graduate students. While we offer walk-in sessions on a first-come, first-served basis, we strongly suggest that individuals plan ahead to schedule meeting times that work well for their schedules and allow them to reflect and revise after your meetings and to schedule a subsequent meeting.
Below is a brief list of the content-specific services we offer; if you don't see something you need, please choose one of the "Others" and let us know about your content area when you visit so we can work towards growing the number and kinds of supports we can offer.
We also offer a guide here for choosing the right kind of meeting for your visit. As you can imagine, a last-minute 20-minute walk-in session doesn't afford you or us much time to work through a substantial piece of writing or complex set of questions in the same way an hour-long meeting or repeating set of meetings can.
We can help you:
- Better understand professors’ assignments, expectations, and frames of reference
- Refine how you understand and practice academic writing style and tone
- Improve your disciplinary citation style practices (e.g., APA, Chicago)
- Start, develop and polish literature reviews
- Distinguish practices associated with summary, analysis, and synthesis
- Sharpen your revising and editing practices and habits
- Develop academic reading strategies that allow for critical thinking and knowledge of rhetoric
- Prepare for publication or academic advancement, such as curriculum vitae and personal statements
Where Can You Find Us?
We offer graduate student-specific support in the UNF Writing Center offices of Building 8 (above Chick-fil-a), the Carpenter Library, and virtually via BlueJeans. Please see the "Book a Grad Appointment" button above to schedule your appointment today.
Working on a graduate thesis or dissertation?