Why Visit the Writing Center?
The UNF Writing Program & Center offers targeted writing consultations and workshops to support writing across many disciplines, from nursing and nutrition and dietetics to political science and public administration to engineering and building construction management and beyond. No matter your writing project, we're here to help you work on your writing.
We offer one-on-one and group writing consultations as well as topical workshops for undergraduate and graduate students at UNF. Located in Building 4 Room 2501, our staff are here to support you.
You can schedule 30-, 45-, or 60-minute consultations with us to discuss, among other things:
- Brainstorming and developing your ideas
- Reviewing assignment instructions and setting writing goals
- Considering best approaches to organizing your documents
- Attending to sentence-level syntax and style as well as paragraph-level and movement concerns
- Mapping out your arguments
- Practicing presentations
Our staff also offer a variety of workshops throughout the fall and spring terms, such as:
- Revising for plain language
- Synthesis and scholastic writing
- Literature Reviews