The 2020-2021 Amy Wainright Scholarship Awards for Creative Writing
In honor and memory of Amy Wainright, a writing instructor at the University of North Florida from 1993 until 2013, the Department of English will award major prizes for the best undergraduate creative writing to eligible UNF students in four categories. In each category the annual prize is $1,000* and departmental recognition. Along with the winners, the competition judges will name honorable mentions in each category.
- Short Fiction
- Creative Non-Fiction
- You must be a Florida resident for tuition purposes and a fully enrolled undergraduate student (taking 12 credit hours each semester) with a minimum GPA of 2.5, graduating no sooner than Spring, 2021.
- Manuscripts must consist of original work(s) of which you are the sole author.
- Manuscripts must comply with format guidelines and entry requirements.
- You may submit work that you have simultaneously submitted-but not that has been accepted-elsewhere for competition or publication.
- Deadline for submissions: January 22, 2021.
- Announcement of winners and finalists: March 12, 2021.
- Submit here. Be sure to choose the appropriate genre (creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, or scriptwriting) of your submission and to include your N# in the appropriate place.
- Submissions must be in .Doc, .Docx, PDF, or .RTF format.
- Notes: So that we can ensure blind-submission process, all name and contact information will appear separately from the poetry or prose submissions. (Any manuscript with the writer's name on it or in the file name will be disqualified.).
- Be sure to include your "n" number.