Concentration: Accelerated BA to MA in English
Final Degree: Bachelor of Arts in English
Master of Arts in English
Take three graduate classes while you are an undergraduate. Nine credit hours will count towards both a B.A. and M.A. in English.
The Accelerated BA/MA Concentration offers the following perks:
- Earn an MA with only one additional year of study after you earn your bachelor’s degree in English.
- Use undergraduate financial aid and/or scholarships as partial payment for three graduate courses.
- Enter the M.A. program in English without taking the GRE.
- Save the costs of living by earning an MA more quickly.
You must complete the following:
- Major in English.
- Earn a 3.5 GPA in your English classes.
- Complete 21 hours of English major requirements, including ENG 4013 Approaches to Literary Interpretation, before applying.
- Meet with COAS English Undergraduate Advisor and English Graduate Coordinator at the beginning of your junior year.
- Solicit two UNF Department of English faculty to write recommendation letters.
Graduate classes replace nine hours of undergraduate study (one upper level English class and six hours of free electives). Undergraduate classes must be planned carefully so that the student has the appropriate classes available to replace with graduate courses.
Contact Graduate Coordinator Dr. Betsy Nies (email@example.com) for more information.
A master's in English opens the door to more careers. Also visit our alumni page that features an career list for our recent M.A. graduates.
See University Catalog page for general information on UNF BA/MA programs.