Skip to Main Content

Frequently Asked Questions

Who is the best person to talk to about the courses I should take?

There are several people on campus to talk to about scheduling your courses. Your first option is to talk to an advisor. If you have general education questions, you should contact either the First Year Advising (FYA) for freshman and sophomore advising, or COAS Advising for junior and senior advising. If you are looking at how to sequence Chemistry classes you can talk to any of the faculty or look at our course sequence page under the Programs of Study page.

Who should I talk to about doing undergraduate research?

Talk to each of the faculty members individually about the type of research they do. If they have space for you to join the group they will let you know, but be aware that most faculty have a requirement that students need to be juniors or seniors to do chemical research.