Sarah Patterson Social Justice Memorial Scholarship
Please contact Dr. Jennifer Wesely (620-1685 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for additional information, including deadlines and how to obtain an application.
The Sarah Patterson Social Justice Memorial Scholarship is awarded to a UNF student in the College of Arts and Sciences who demonstrates campus or community advocacy for minority and/or LGBT populations, particularly in the pursuit of justice and equality. The annual award is $2,500 ($1,250 in fall and $1,250 in spring).
- Students eligible for such scholarships must:
- Meet admission requirements and be accepted by the University of North Florida,
- Enroll with at least 9 semester hours each semester for undergraduates, or 6 for graduate students,
- Have a major within the College of Arts and Sciences,
- Maintain a GPA of at least 2.5 for undergraduates and 3.0 for graduate students, and
- Be selected by a committee chosen by the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Students awarded this scholarship must agree to:
- Comply with all University regulations, rules, codes of conduct governing students on campus,
- Consent to release grades to the Division of University Development and Alumni Engagement for the purpose of reporting to the donor, and
- Remain in good standing as a student.
- Required Application Attachments
- Applicants must submit a completed application and a 1-2 page essay describing how he/she demonstrates advocacy or support for justice and equality among minority and/or LGBT populations.
- Current recipients may apply for renewal.
We appreciate the many individual donors and companies whose charitable contributions helped UNF establish this scholarship in memory of Sarah Patterson. To make a personal gift, go to: https://give.unf.edu/Sarah-Patterson-Memorial-Scholarship.