DEAN'S LEADERSHIP COUNCIL FACULTY FELLOWSHIPS
To support the scholarly and creative efforts of COAS faculty, the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s Leadership Council (DLC) annually awards Faculty Fellowships. All tenured and tenure track faculty are invited to submit proposals. Recipients will receive a course release in the spring or fall and a $4,000 research award for additional expenses based on their project’s itemized budget.
These fellowships are made possible by the generosity of the Dean’s Leadership Council, a group of community volunteers whose mission is to support COAS and foster a vital relationship between the College and the community it serves.
Winners of a DLC grant may not apply for a DLC grant in the subsequent year. Winners of a DLC grant must agree to serve on a committee to review COAS grant applications in the subsequent year. Faculty on leave are excused from this service.
Faculty Fellowship proposals will be reviewed and selections made by the Council. Therefore, proposals should be written in lay terms that can be readily understood by those without expertise in any particular discipline.
Fellowship recipients must agree to offer one open public lecture on the subject of their projects and to be available if invited to make a short presentation at a future Dean’s Leadership Council meeting on the purpose and outcome of the scholarly project.
All questions must be answered completely and in the order indicated below.
1. Project Overview:What is the purpose of your project? (Brief statement-
75 words max.)
2. Project Description: Please
include answers to the following questions in your narrative:
- Project plan (in narrative form)
- What is the potential impact of this project?
- Will this project involve UNF students? If so, how will they benefit?
- How will this project benefit your ongoing scholarly/creative agenda?
3. Award History: List any previous awards
or funding sources secured from the Dean’s Leadership Council. If this proposal differs from a previous
award, please explain the difference in your research.
4. Project Budget:
- Itemized Budget Breakdown
- List of other funding sources for this project (include requested and committed funds and sources)
5. Format :
- PDF Format.
- 12 point Times New Roman font.
- 1.5 line spacing with 1" margins on all sides.
- A copy of the current CV, limited to 2 pages.
- Proposals may be no more than 3 pages in length, plus 2 pages for the C.V.
- All proposals must be submitted electronically to Ann-Marie Campbell.
- The submission deadline is October 1.
- If this deadline falls on a holiday, it is extended to the following business day.
- Awards will be announced by November 1.
- All funds must be expended and all course releases must be used before the end of the subsequent fall semester.
Questions? Contact Anne-Marie Campbell, firstname.lastname@example.org
2018-2019 Dean’s Leadership Council Faculty Fellows
2017-2018 Dean’s Leadership Council Faculty Fellows
2016-2017 Dean’s Leadership Council Faculty Fellows
2015-2016 Dean’s Leadership Council Faculty Fellows
Pre-2015-2016 Faculty Fellows Winners.