COAS Webmaster Position
Student Web Assistant
COAS Dean's Office
Part-time student assistant. 12-20 hours/week, primarily Monday through Friday
The primary responsibility of the Student Web Assistant is to help plan, develop and manage ongoing graphic projects in the College of Arts & Sciences.
Specific duties include:
- Develop original content as needed for use in media outlets (digital, social media, etc.) and work within existing department designs and formatting.
- Add, edit, and remove website content.
- Assist with the maintenance of ADA Compliance of media library and website.
- Assist with the maintenance and organization of a media library.
- Advise supervisor and College of Arts & Sciences team on opportunities and strategies regarding website, videos, social media, etc.
- Assist with other department projects as needed.
- Be a current UNF student.
- Be eligible for Federal Work Study.
- Ability in Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
- Ability to prioritize and demonstrate effective time management and multitasking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, etc.) and format graphics for use on these platforms.
- Ability to navigate a Content Management System (CMS), e.g., WordPress, Tumblr, etc.
- Good writing and interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively alone or as part of a team.
- Some experience with photography and/or video.
In 2017, the University of North Florida (UNF) received the prestigious INSIGHT Into Diversity magazine Higher Education Excellence in Diversity (HEED) Award, the only application-based national award for U.S. colleges and universities that exhibit an outstanding commitment to diversity and inclusion across their campuses. In addition, UNF ranked highest among the 80 HEED institutions and was also recognized as a 2017 Diversity Champion.
The University of North Florida (UNF) is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. The University of North Florida is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not commit or permit discrimination or harassment on the basis of genetic information, race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, or veteran status in any educational, employment, social, recreational program or activity that it offers. In addition, UNF will not commit or permit retaliation against an individual who complains of discrimination or harassment or an individual who cooperates in an investigation of an alleged violation of University Regulation.
UNF is a Carnegie Community Engaged Institution. This designation celebrates the University's collaboration with community partners from the local to the global level. It reflects UNF's mission to contribute to the public good and prepare educated, engaged citizens.
Chellie Jones-Harris, Administrative Assistant for Staff and Budget Support
Suite 3301, Third Floor, Social Science Building (Building 51)
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30-5:00