The primary goal of this program is to provide communication channels, develop relationships, and promote dialogue between instructional design professionals and the academic communities they serve.
Role of Liaison
- Serve as point of contact for departments/programs developing and delivering online courses.
- Assist in the production of high-quality online courses through instructional design and development, consultation, and workshops.
- Coordinate faculty development efforts related to the practical and pedagogical skills necessary for developing and delivering online courses.
- Attend department/program meetings to present techniques for the appropriate use of technology in the development of online instruction, including use of LMS, web conferencing, and new media.
- Assist colleges with the transition of entire degree programs to fully online.
As Instructional Designers our primary role is to assist faculty members with whatever support is necessary to help them develop and deliver high-quality distance learning courses at UNF. This includes consulting regularly with faculty members to discuss the use of technology elements in their online courses, identifying instructional challenges, and recommending tools that will help them meet their instructional goals. While that works well for meeting the individual needs of faculty members, we also want to meet the long-term instructional needs of departments and colleges.
To ensure that we are being proactive in providing additional communication channels between the IDs and the departments/programs delivering online courses, we can also offer to:
- Attend departmental meetings to discuss our instructional design services and general topics related to online learning at UNF (IDLP Presentation)
- Develop and deliver department/program-centric online learning workshops.
- Assist with organizing cohorts of faculty within your department to complete the Teaching Online Seminars.
The liaison contacts are shown below for each department. To schedule a consultation with one of the liaison contacts, you can email us or visit our Consultations page to schedule a meeting.
College of Arts and Sciences (COAS)
Mitra Asgarinik - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art and Design
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Languages, Literatures, and Cultures
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Philosophy and Religious Studies
- Political Science and Public Administration
- Sociology, Anthropology and Social Work
Coggin College of Business (CCOB)
Jann Sutton - email@example.com
- Accounting and Finance
- Economics and Geography
- Marketing and Logistics
College of Computing, Engineering, and Construction (CCEC)
College of Education and Human Services (CEHS)
Jann Sutton - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childhood Education, Literacy, and TESOL
- Exceptional, Deaf and Interpreter Education
- Foundations and Secondary Education
Brooks College of Health (BCH)
Jamie Chaires - email@example.com
- Clinical and Applied Movement Science
- Health Administration
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Public Health
Library Liaison Program
Dan Feinberg - firstname.lastname@example.org
- As the Online Learning Librarian, Dan serves as a special liaison between the Library and any department offering online courses and programs.
- The Library also has a liaison program with librarians assigned to academic departments.