Master Online Teacher (MOT) Certification
Faculty members who have successfully completed the TOL foundation course (Track-A), developed at least one online course that has passed a Course Design Quality Review, and served as a QM Certified Peer Reviewer at UNF, may elect to pursue further professional development in online teaching from the OLC Institute for Professional Development, a national comprehensive faculty development program developed and facilitated by subject matter experts and thought leaders from the field. This is an exclusive opportunity for eligible full-time faculty members.
View list MOT graduates
OLC Certificate Program
Eligible faculty members will be able to apply for the OLC Online Teaching Certificate Program offered as a sequence of one foundation course and three electives leading from the conceptual to the implementation of online learning effectiveness best practices. The OLC Online Teaching Certificate prepares educators to teach and improve online courses using the OLC pillars of quality in online education-learning effectiveness, scale, faculty and student satisfaction, and access. A unique feature of the certificate program is that expert mentors work individually with each certificate candidate to accomplish specific goals.
- Leverage your background and proficiencies as an educator, administrator, or institutional leader to become highly effective in the principles and practices of asynchronous instruction
- Integrate OLC‘s research-based, conceptual and theoretical foundations relating to learning theory and assessment to compliment and personalize your online classroom
- Capitalize on your potential as an innovator in the field of online education by being challenged to create high quality work products that will be assessed by the program facilitators and your peers.
- Work with and learn from recognized experts in the field
- Receive actionable feedback for immediate application
- Collaborate with peers from a variety of institutions and disciplines
- Design and develop a complete online or blended course based on current research and best practices
To earn the OLC certification you must complete the following:
- A 10-week foundation course
- Three electives or learning specializations (OLC Mastery Series) that focus on improving overall competency within a specific area of academic focus
- A final capstone presentation
Additional information about the certificate program (including start dates, prerequisites, objectives, programs details, etc) can be found on the OLC Online Teaching Certificate page.
How to apply?
A limited number of spots will be funded each year. If you're interested in applying for this exclusive opportunity and you have completed tiers 1-3 of the faculty development model, contact Rozy Parlette for more information.
DISCONTINUED: Illinois Online Network's (iON) Certificate Program
From 2012 to 2017 CIRT provided funding for eligible faculty members to enroll in Illinois Online Network's (iON) Master Online Teacher certificate. In 2017, CIRT moved to the OLC certificate program, a nationally recognized program that provides faculty with a broader curriculum for professional development growth in the area of online teaching. Thanks to all of our MOT graduates that completed this rigorous program.