Learn how to increase helpful behaviors and decrease harmful behaviors that could affect learning.
Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) Online
Have you always found behavior fascinating? Do you want to be a part of a team of professionals who work to improve the most challenging behaviors? Are you interested in learning more about how to teach new skills? You will learn the fundamental principles of Applied Behavior Analysis and how to apply these to create positive behavior change.
This 40-hour training series meets the requirements of the Behavior Analysts Certification Board (BACB) for becoming a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT). RBTs typically work on the front lines with supervising senior behavior analysts who guide the implementation of behavior and skill development plans.
A new credential to establish training standards for behavior technicians, the paraprofessionals who implement behavior plans directly with clients.
Who Should Attend
RBT training and certification would be most appropriate for those with high school diplomas working in a field that requires training in behavior management, for those pursuing bachelor’s degrees and are interested in working in behavior management- related settings or for those interested in later pursuing further credentialing in behavior analysis. Young professionals, undergrads, child therapists, child rehabilitation centers or anyone who works with autism would benefit from this program. This training will produce highly competitive candidates interested in pursuing employment in behavior analysis.
Cooper, J. O., Heron, T. E., & Heward, W. L. (2007). Applied Behavior Analysis, Second Edition. Upper Saddle, NJ: Pearson Education ISBN-10: 129202321X or ISBN-13: 978-1292023212
Six Assessment Areas
- Skill acquisition
- Behavior reduction
- Documentation and reporting
- Professional conduct and scope of practice
RBT Credential Eligibility Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or national equivalent
- Successfully complete a criminal background registry check at the time of application (within 45 days of submitting an application)
- Complete a 40-hour training program (conducted by a BACB certificant) based on the RBT Task List
- Complete a competency assessment (conducted by a BACB certificant)
- Complete the RBT application
- Successfully pass the RBT exam
This training program is based on the RBT Task List and is designed to meet the 40-hour training requirement for the RBT credential. This program is offered independently of the BACB.