Health and Wellness Coach Training
Program Admission Requirements
This Certification is endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine and the American College of Lifestyle Medicine
The Coach Certification program (Module 3) is available following completion of the Core Coach Training and Skills Development Courses (Modules 1 and 2). You have 18 months following the completion of the 18-week teleclasses or 4-day residential to complete the components of certification. View the Certification Handbook.
The Certification Process
- Completion of Module 1, including live class attendance and feedback surveys
- Completion of Module 2, including live class attendance and feedback surveys
- Pay the Certification (Module 3) core certification fee, which includes the cost of:
- 3 individual mentoring sessions
- a 30-min oral skills assessment
- submission of wellness goals for you and a practice client
- a multiple-choice exam based on the contents of the Coaching Psychology Manual
- Provide proof of prerequisites (which will determine eligibility for the "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" or "Certified Personal Coach" designations)
- Agree to adhere to all principles set forth in the Certification and Branding Agreement
Two Wellcoaches Certification Options
There are two distinct certifications based on required prerequisites:
- The "Certified Health and Wellness Coach" for credentialed health professionals who wish to use coaching skills in working with patients or clients to improve their health and wellbeing. As a Health and Wellness Coach, you will be an expert facilitator of mindset and behavior change that generates sustainable healthy lifestyles, which prevent or treat disease, and foster well-being and thriving. If you do not meet the standard prerequisites for the "Health and Wellness Coach" certification, you may apply for a waiver.
- The "Certified Personal Coach" for non-health professionals who wish to use coaching skills in areas such as leadership and executive coaching to improve performance and wellbeing. As a Personal Coach, you can apply the universal principles of behavior change to support clients in increasing productivity, satisfaction with life and work, and the attainment of relevant goals.