Veterans' Professional Development Award
The UNF Division of Continuing Education (UNF DCE) is proud to offer the Veterans' Professional Development Award to U.S. military veterans to assist in their career goals. The Awards are valued $500 to $1,000 each, depending on program cost and availability of funds.
The Award recipient(s) will be notified by January and must register for an eligible program that begins between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020.
- Submit this Veterans' Professional Development Award application before December 31, 2019.
- Submit your DD214 or Certificate of Discharge to unfce@UNF.edu before December 31, 2019. For your security, be sure to omit any sensitive information, such as your social security number, prior to submission.
* Date of Birth:
Month: Day: Year:
* Highest Level of Education Completed:
* Program of Choice:
* Honors or Awards Received:
* Please describe your career path:
* How will this award help you fulfill your career goals? (100 words or less)
Statement of Understanding
By submitting this application, I understand and agree:
- I am a veteran of the U.S. military.
- The information above is true and correct.
- I must submit documentation of military service (DD 214 or Certificate of Discharge) before December 31, 2019 to complete my application.
- My chosen program must begin between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020.
- Registration and payment of the remaining program fees must be completed at least five days prior to the start of the program.
- The program's prerequisites must be met prior to registration or I will forfeit my Award.
- Attend, at a minimum, 80% of the program's sessions. If I do not successfully complete the program due to non-attendance or lack of participation, (a) I will forfeit my Award; (b) I will be required to repay the Award to UNF DCE; and, (c) I will be ineligible for a future Award.
- Program transfers will not be allowed within five (5) business days of the first class or if the class has already begun.
- I will forfeit my Award and be ineligible for a refund if a cancellation request is received within five (5) business days of the first class or if the class has already begun.
- I grant UNF DCE the authority to record my participation and appearance on film, photograph or any other medium for use or to publish on UNF DCE's website, social media, or marketing campaigns without further consideration, compensation or report to me.
- UNF DCE reserves the right to cancel an Award at any time due to my non-compliance with these rules and/or my unlawful behavior.
(This button/radio button/checkbox of consent must be completed before submitting application using the button below.)