Managing Workplace Conflict
When people get together as a team to decide or accomplish a task, their egos, fears, biases, and agendas can all get in the way. At times, the emotional component is so dominant that the group’s purpose can get lost in the heat of the conflict. As conflict flares, it often affects others on the team. More importantly, the results of any unresolved conflict are significantly farther-reaching: decreased morale, productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness. At best, the team merely gridlocks; at worst, its long-term relationships are destroyed. Learn how to identify conflict triggers, how to avoid, and what techniques to use to alleviate conflicts when they occur in the workplace.
You will learn:
- How to define/describe conflict in the workplace.
- To differentiate between differing approaches to conflict.
- Describe common reasons for conflict in the workplace.
- Better understand the five stages of the actual conflict process.
- Identify and describe communication strategies that can be used to reduce conflict.
- Describe how to give effective corrective feedback.
- Describe various types of conflict management techniques and how to apply.
- Describe strategies to avoid during a conflict.
- How to apply corrective feedback and other conflict handling strategies to workplace scenarios.