Prosser Hallock Tekie Foundation, Inc. Scholarship
The University of North Florida's School of Engineering and Department of Construction Management are proud to offer this scholarship sponsored by Prosser Hallock Tekie Foundation, Inc.
The impetus for the formation of The Prosser Hallock Tekie Foundation was the sudden, unexpected demise of Azeb Tekie, a beloved and respected transportation engineer at the firm of Prosser Hallock, Inc. for eleven years. The Foundation was established in remembrance of Azeb's extraordinary life and is a celebration of her accomplishments. Following her immigration from Ethiopia, Azeb not only provided a secure home but ensured her own education and that of her brothers and sisters. Her life reflected the ideals of duty to family, responsibility, good citizenship and unfailing friendship.
Successful applicants must:
- meet admission requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida
- be accepted into the College of Computing, Engineering & Construction at the junior or senior level
- be a declared major in Civil Engineering
- have earned a minimum GPA of 3.0
- reside in Florida for tuition purposes
Scholarship recipients must:
- enroll full-time (12+ credit hours) in the semester the scholarship is awarded and earn a minimum of 24 credit hours by the end of the Spring term
- maintain a GPA of at least 3.0
- remain in good standing as a student
- comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus
- consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the Donor
Current recipients may apply for renewal and will be given preference pending availability of funding and if the applicant continues to meet all selection criteria and responsibilities. No student will be eligible to receive more than five (5) semesters of scholarship support.
The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the UNF Financial Aid Office.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact the School of Engineering at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-620-1390.