Elkins Constructors, Inc. Endowed Scholarship
The University of North Florida's School of Engineering and Department of Construction Management are proud to offer this scholarship sponsored by Elkins Constructors, Inc.
Elkins is a prominent construction company focusing on construction management, general contracting, and design build. Elkins has offices in Florida (including Jacksonville), South Carolina, North Carolina, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas, Tennessee and Texas.
Successful applicants must:
- meet admission requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida
- be a declared major in Civil Engineering or Building Construction Management
- have earned a minimum UNF GPA of 3.3
- be a rising junior or senior
Preference will be given to students with a record of community or industry involvement and leadership as demonstrated by listing such activities on the scholarship application.
Scholarship recipients must:
- enroll full-time (12+ credit hours) in the semester the scholarship is awarded and earn a minimum of 24 credit hours by the end of each academic year
- maintain a GPA of at least 3.3 in order to be funded for the second semester
- remain in good standing as a student
- comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus
- consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the Donor
Current recipients may apply for renewal and will be given preference pending availability of funding and if the applicant continues to meet all selection criteria and responsibilities. No student will be eligible to receive more than four (4) semesters of scholarship support.
The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the UNF Financial Aid Office.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact the School of Engineering at email@example.com or 904-620-1390.