Dawn Blackledge Scholarship
The University of North Florida's College of Computing, Engineering & Construction is proud to offer this scholarship sponsored by Dawn Blackledge.
Dawn Blackledge is president and founder of Aerostar Environmental Services, Inc., a multidisciplined engineering and environmental consulting firm she founded in 1992. The company went from a one-person shop to eight offices and over 90 employees, winning multimillion-dollar contracts across the U.S.A. Ms. Blackledge serves on numerous committees and boards, including the Boys & Girls Clubs of Northeast Florida and the Jacksonville Post of American Military Engineers. Ms. Blackledge established this scholarship to support higher education through the College of Computing, Engineering & Construction.
Successful applicants must:
- meet admission requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida
- be enrolled in the College of Computing, Engineering & Construction
- have earned a minimum UNF cumulative GPA of 3.0
- be an active member of the UNF Student Chapter of the Society of Women Engineers (SWE)
Preference will be given to applicants who:
- are returning, non-traditional students
- have demonstrated financial need by filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form each year - students not applying on financial basis do not need to file a FAFSA form
Scholarship recipients must:
- enroll full-time (12+ credit hours) in the semester the scholarship is awarded (a senior who will graduate at the end of the semester and who is otherwise eligible may be awarded the scholarship for less than 12 credit hours)
- maintain an overall GPA of at least 3.0
- remain in good standing as a student
- comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus
- consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the Donor
Current recipients may apply for renewal and will be given preference pending availability of funding and if the applicant continues to meet all selection criteria and responsibilities. No student will be eligible to receive more than eight (8) semesters of scholarship support.
The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the UNF Financial Aid Office.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact the School of Engineering at email@example.com or 904-620-1390.