Atkins Foundation (formerly, PBS&J Foundation)
The University of North Florida's School of Engineering and Department of Construction Management are proud to offer this scholarship sponsored by Atkins Foundation.
Atkins is one of the world's leading design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins acquired the PBS&J Corporation and its subsidiaries in 2011.
The PBS&J Corporation was an employee-owned family of businesses with expertise in engineering, environmental science, architecture, planning, and construction. Its subsidiaries include PBS&J, PBS&J Constructors, Inc., Peter R. Brown Construction, Inc., and PBS&J International, Inc.
Successful applicants must:
- meet admission requirements and be accepted to the University of North Florida
- be a rising junior or rising senior
- be a declared major in Civil Engineering
- have earned a minimum, UNF cumulative GPA of 3.0
- reside in Florida for tuition purposes
- have graduated from a high school in one of these Florida counties: Baker, Clay, Duval, Nassau, or St. Johns
Preference will be given to applicants who: Preference will be given to active members of the UNF student chapter of ASCE (American Society of Civil Engineers).
Scholarship recipients must:
- enroll full-time (12+ credit hours) in the semester the scholarship is awarded and earn a minimum of 24 credit hours by the end of each academic year
- maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 for the junior and senior years
- remain in good standing as a student
- comply with all University regulations, rules, and codes of conduct governing students on campus
- consent to release grades to the Division of Institutional Advancement for the purpose of reporting to the Donor
Current recipients may apply for renewal and will be given preference pending availability of funding and if the applicant continues to meet all selection criteria and responsibilities. No student will be eligible to receive more than four (4) semesters of scholarship support.
The amount of the award will be determined by the fund manager, but it cannot exceed the maximum cost of tuition, books, campus housing, meal plan, transportation and miscellaneous expenses, as reflected in the annual "Cost of Education" budget prepared by the UNF Financial Aid Office.
If you have questions about this scholarship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 904-620-1350.