Program Mission, Goals & Objectives
The mission of the Department of Construction Management is to educate and develop construction professionals with a global perspective through a rigorous, relevant, and accredited degree program offered by faculty devoted to excellence in teaching, scholarly activities, service projects, community involvement and ethical standards. Students will experience an active working relationship with local industry and develop a global perspective through cooperative efforts and exchange programs with international universities and colleges in the framework of a culture of ethics, which are vital in the development of successful construction professionals and provides distinct characteristics for our graduate's pursuit of career development and professional opportunities.
- The Department will develop a cooperative agreement with international universities serving our Construction Management graduates, and maintain a high quality Bachelor of Science program in Building Construction that will enable graduates to achieve their maximum potential int he building construction field. The Department will broaden our graduates' horizons through local community-based learning service projects and through international study abroad classes.
- The Department will focus its resources on the continuing development of a construction management program of the highest quality in keeping with the needs of our dynamic industry.
- The Department will offer degree programs that have relevance to the needs of the community in areas such as life-long learning, ethics, and professional development.
- The Department will maintain an active presence in northeast Florida and beyond.
- The Department will recruit and retain exceptional faculty and staff to ensure quality academic programs.