Master of Science in Construction Management
The UNF Master of Science (MS) in Construction Management offers courses in a variety of construction related areas including construction estimating, scheduling, construction techniques, and document control. Students have the option to choose between three track options to complete the 30-credit hour requirement for the degree: 1) course work only, 2) thesis option, 3) executive thesis option.
Further information and questions concerning the Master's Degree in Construction Management can be directed to the Graduate Program Director, Dr. Mag Malek, firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for: Application
For the course work and thesis options, applicants must have earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction, Civil Engineering or a closely related field from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or its equivalent from a foreign institution with a grade point average of 3.0 (B) or higher in all work attempted as an upper-division student, typically the last 60 credit hours. Students must have taken BCN2405: Introduction to Structures (3 Credits) and PHY2053: Algebra-Based Physics I (3 Credits) or the equivalent.
For the Executive Thesis Option: A Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction, Civil Engineering or a closely related field from a regionally accredited U.S. college or university or its equivalent from a foreign institution and five (5) years of industry experience with at least three (3)-years at the Project Manager Level (or equivalent) or above.
UNF Conditions for the Degree:
- A GPA of 3.0 must be maintained. If the GPA falls below 3.0, the student will be placed on Academic Probation.
- At least 18 hours of coursework at the 6000-level must be applied to the degree.
- All coursework for a graduate or post-baccalaureate professional degree must be completed within six years of a master's degree-seeking students being admitted to a graduate program. All exceptions must be approved by the student's Graduate Program Director and the Dean of the Graduate School.
Department of Construction Management Conditions for the Degree:
All coursework must be completed with a grade of "B" or better.
- A GPA of 3.0 must be maintained. If the GPA falls below 3.0, academic probation will result.
- No more than 6.0 hours of transfer coursework can be applied to the degree. However, a student may transfer up to 12.0 hours from graduate classes taken within the Florida State University System, provided the total of all transfer courses does not exceed 12 credit hours.
A student may not receive 5000-level credit for a cross-listed 4000/5000-level course previously completed at the 4000-level.
Inquiries about the status of your application should be directed to the Graduate School.