Information Technology Program
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Within a few years of graduation, the School of Computing expects its Information Technology alumni will be in professional situations in which they can:
- Apply technical knowledge and up-to-date skills in the selection, creation, application, administration, or integration of computer and networking solutions in professional environments and/or pursue an advanced degree in Information Technology, or a related field;
- Engage in continuous professional development;
- Join information technology professional organizations and participate in local technical societies;
- Demonstrate leadership in addressing technical and business challenges;
- Commit to the moral imperatives and professional responsibilities expected from practicing professionals.
Student Outcomes (SOs)
Students completing the UNF BS CIS-Information Technology program will achieve the following outcomes related to skills in the discipline, critical thinking, and communications. By the time of graduation, the program enables students to:
- Analyze legal, social, security, and ethical issues that arise in the information technology discipline both locally and globally and recognize the need for continued professional development.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a collaborative setting.
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written forms.
- Apply best practices and standards in advanced technical coursework/concentration.
- Identify, analyze, and evaluate user needs.
- Address user needs through the selection, creation, implementation, integration, and administration of computer-based systems.
Periodic Review Process
- The School faculty will review the PEOs and SOs every spring;
- The Computing Advisory Board (CAB) will review the PEOs and SOs every spring;
- Students of the program who are members of professional clubs (ACM, AITP, and IEEE-CS) will review their program PEOs and SOs every spring;
- Program alumni will be surveyed once every four years to provide feedback on the PEOs and SOs;
- Employers of program graduates will be surveyed once every four years to provide feedback on the PEOs and SOs;
- The Director of the School of Computing will compile a report of the results of the above review processes and survey;
- The School of Computing Assessment Committee will review the Director's report and make recommendations at the end of every spring term;
- Recommendations will be discussed by the School of Computing faculty and changes, if any, will be posted to the School of Computing website. The Director will notify CAB of changes in the PEOs and SOs.
BS CIS-Information Technology Enrollment Data
BS CIS-Information Technology Graduation Data