OSPREY COMMUNITY AMBASSADORS
Applications are OPEN!
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the academic year.
About Osprey Community Ambassadors
Osprey Community Ambassadors (OCAs) design and facilitate opportunities for UNF students to participate in high impact, community-based service experiences in the Jacksonville community. OCAs will contribute to the university-wide commitment to community engagement by participating in hands-on opportunities and intentional training by collaborating with their peers and the Jacksonville community.
- Develop meaningful and professional relationships with community partners
- Cultivate their capacity to facilitate group conversations, lead reflection, and mentor peers
- Gain skills in project development and implementation
OCAs serve as peer mentors for various Center for Community-Based Learning (CCBL) initiatives including Summer Orientation, Days of Service, and UNF Cares. OCAs may be asked to assist with other CCBL events. This is a year-long commitment that begins in May and concludes in April of the following calendar year. OCAs are considered extensions of CCBL and are treated as paraprofessionals.
- OCAs will participate in all trainings, programs, courses, meetings, and initiatives as determined by CCBL.
- OCAs will present during Summer Orientation sessions.
- OCAs will assist with Day of Service events for UNF members to participate.
- OCAs will support data entry for co-curricular community engagement, via OspreyImpact.
- OCAs will partake in training throughout the fall semester.
- OCAs will co-facilitate with a faculty/staff member the UNF Cares course in the spring semester.
- OCAs will assist with marketing of co-curricular engagement opportunities and CCBL initiatives.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Current good standing status as an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at UNF
- Knowledge and passion for community service, community development, and various social issues
- Demonstrated leadership on UNF campus or in Jacksonville community
- Self-motivation and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to lead a group of peers by creating a comfortable, safe, and inclusive environment
OSPREY COMMUNITY AMBASSADOR APPLICATION