OSPREY COMMUNITY AMBASSADORS
About Osprey Community Ambassadors
Osprey Community Ambassadors (OCAs) design and facilitate opportunities for UNF students to participate in high impact, community-based service experiences in the Jacksonville community. OCAs will contribute to the university-wide commitment to community engagement by participating in hands-on opportunities and intentional training by collaborating with their peers and the Jacksonville community.
- Develop meaningful and professional relationships with community partners
- Cultivate their capacity to facilitate group conversations, lead reflection, and mentor peers
- Gain skills in project development and implementation
OCAs serve as peer mentors for various Center for Community-Based Learning (CCBL) initiatives. This is a year-long commitment that begins in May and concludes in April of the following calendar year. OCAs are considered extensions of CCBL and are treated as paraprofessionals.
- OCAs will participate in all training sessions, programs, courses, meetings, and initiatives as determined by CCBL.
- OCAs will conduct training sessions and presentations about Community-Based Learning.
- OCAs will assist with Day of Service events for UNF members to participate.
- OCAs will support data entry for co-curricular community engagement, via OspreyImpact.
- OCAs will partake in training at various points throughout the year.
- OCAs will assist with marketing of co-curricular engagement opportunities and CCBL initiatives.
- A cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Current good standing status as an enrolled undergraduate or graduate student at UNF
- Knowledge and passion for community service, community development, and various social issues
- Demonstrated leadership on UNF campus or in Jacksonville community
- Self-motivation and organizational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to lead a group of peers by creating a comfortable, safe, and inclusive environment
If you have questions, or would like to learn more about being an OCA, please contact Susan Trudeau, firstname.lastname@example.org.