Second Baccalaureate Degree Requirements
Awarding of a second, or subsequent,
baccalaureate degree is subject to the following limitations and requirements:
- Courses used towards a prior degree will not be used to satisfy second baccalaureate degree requirements; however, departments may waive certain requirements based on a prior degree as appropriate.
- Courses taken more than 10 years prior will
not count toward any degree requirement, including prerequisites, for a second
baccalaureate degree; however, departments may establish a different course age
threshold, as appropriate.
- Students holding a baccalaureate degree from an
acceptable institutional accreditor are considered to have completed general
education program requirements.
- Student Status: Students must be classified as degree-seeking, post-baccalaureate.
- Students must have a program of study (degree pathway) established by their advisor or program director.
- Upper Level Hours: Students must complete 30 credit hours of upper-level coursework (or higher) in-residence at UNF. Certain programs may allow a different number of in-residence credits, as appropriate.
- Major Courses: Students must complete at least 50% of required major courses in-residence at UNF. Departments may decide on a higher percentage of major courses and may define "major courses."
- Apply for graduation by the deadline indicated in the Academic Calendar.
- Faculty Recommendation: Each candidate must be recommended for the degree by the appropriate college faculty.
- Resolve all incomplete and non-reported grades.
- Academic Average:
- UNF- A minimum total institutional GPA of 2.0 on
a 4.0 scale must be earned (2.5 for most College of Education and Human
Services majors), as stated in the "Academic Average (GPA) Policy': and
- A minimum overall GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale must be earned, (2.5 for
most College of Education and Human Services majors), as stated in the
"Academic Average (GPA) Policy."
- Students earning a second, or additional, baccalaureate degree may qualify for Latin Honors.
All requirements stated in this section are
minimums not intended to limit the planning of a degree program for any student.
For additional information, please contact the Office of Records and Registration.