Tuition and Fee Refund
The University’s fee refund procedures can be viewed at the UNF Controllers office website. Refunds of 100 percent will be issued for each course dropped before the close of the add/drop period indicated in the UNF Academic Calendar. Students can drop courses online via their myWings web portal or in person by visiting One-Stop Student Services located in Hicks Hall, Building 53.
A 100 percent refund will be provided for University cancellation of courses or denial of a student’s admission to a course. Courses dropped within this period will not appear on the student’s transcript.
After the close of the add/drop period, students who completely withdraw from the University by the published deadline will receive a 25 percent refund if the student's recorded withdrawal is on or before the last day to receive a 25 percent refund as indicated on the University’s UNF Academic Calendar. Students may supply written notice of intent to withdraw by the 25 percent refund deadline, provided the notice is sent via the student's UNF email account. The 25 percent refund applies to only fall, spring, and full term (C session) summer. There is no refund for a partial withdrawal after the add/drop period or for Summer A and B parts of term.
Provided written explanation and supporting documentation are submitted to the appropriate University Office, refunds of 100 percent of tuition may be granted in instances of withdrawal from the University under the following conditions:
- Student’s involuntary call to active military duty.
- Death of the student or a member of the student’s immediate family (parent, spouse, child, sibling, grandparents).
- Incapacitating illness of such duration or severity that completion of the term is impossible. Must be confirmed in writing by a licensed physician.
- A situation in which the University is in error.
- Other documented exceptional circumstances beyond the control of the student which precluded completion of the course(s), accompanied by supporting documentation.
Fee petitions: students or someone acting on the student's behalf with written authorization, must file within six (6) months of the close of the semester to which the refund or action is applicable. Special requests for an extension of the six (6) month deadline must include specific facts indicating special circumstances which (i) were beyond the control of the student (ii) clearly impaired the student’s physical or mental ability to correct their academic/financial record at the University, and (iii) are supported by written explanation and verifiable documentation. Petitioning for a refund does not guarantee that a refund will be approved. Tuition fee refunds provided to students will be processed against any outstanding tuition assessments prior to remitting a refund to the student.
The fees listed below may only be waived for certain reason such as documented University error, documented administrative error, or documented extraordinary circumstance, such as a severe illness, a death in the family or natural disaster. Additionally, supporting documentation is required and tuition must be paid prior to submitting a request to waive a late payment fee. The late payment fee will not be waived due to: lack of funds, unawareness of deadlines, unawareness of acceptable payment types, or Internet connectivity issues.
- Repeat Surcharge (exceptions must be requested during the same term in which the surcharge was assessed)
- Excess Hours Surcharge (view more information about Excess Hours and the associated appeal process)
- Miscellaneous fees such as Orientation, ID, WOW, A&S fees, Return Check Fees, etc.
- Late payment, late registration, and re-registration fees
View the University's official policy on special fees, fines and penalties as they relate to tuition and fees.