Skip to Main Content
2021-2022 Catalog
Photo of people in military uniform talking

VA Certification of Enrollment

The Veterans Affairs Certifying Official will certify school attendance for students utilizing VA benefits to the appropriate Veterans Administration Regional Processing Office.

Undergraduate/Graduate Training Time Definitions — For a Standard Term
Time Type Undergraduate Graduate
Full Time 12 or more hours 9 or more hours
Three-Quarter Time 9-11 7-8
Half Time 6-8 4 -6
Less than Half Time/More than One-Quarter Time 4-5  
One-Quarter Time 1-3 1-3

To expedite processing of enrollment certification, students should request certification of their credit hours for VA education benefits. More information regarding student responsibilities is available online.

In order to be eligible for benefits, veterans must maintain the same academic and conduct standards expected of all UNF students. Students will be placed on unsatisfactory progress status and benefits will be suspended when both the cumulative and term grade point average fall below a satisfactory level during the term following probation status. Undergraduate students who possess both a cumulative and current term UNF grade point average below 2.0, College of Education and Human Services students below 2.5 and Graduate students below a 3.0 are considered to have fallen below a satisfactory level. All veterans should consult the Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) for specific information about requirements for benefits. Contact the MVRC at (904) 620-5131.

VA Work-Study

Veterans receiving VA educational benefits, who are enrolled at three-quarter training time or more, can be eligible for VA Work-Study programs. If you are interested in these programs, contact the Military and Veterans Resource Center (MVRC) at (904) 620-5131.

Withdrawal for Military Service

Students who are called to active duty and unable to complete a semester may request a withdrawal from registered courses due to military service. The grade on the transcript will be "WS" and a tuition refund is generated. A copy of the orders is required to receive a withdrawal for military service. Questions should be directed to the Registrar's Office.