Non-Degree Seeking and Special Status Students
Individuals may seek admission to UNF as a non-degree-seeking or special status student by submitting an application for admission and a $30 application fee to the Office of Admissions by the appropriate deadline for the desired semester. Please note the following information about non-degree-seeking and special status students:
- No more than 12 undergraduate semester hours earned as a non-degree / special student may be transferred to a UNF undergraduate degree program. The transfer of any course(s) to a degree program earned while in a non-degree-seeking / special status must be approved by the dean or designee of the college administering the program.
- First-time-in-college freshmen are prohibited from enrolling as non-degree-seeking / special students.
- Students enrolled in a non-degree / special student status will register for classes on a space-available basis.
- Non-degree-seeking / special student status is not eligible to receive financial aid.
- Successful completion of coursework in a non-degree or special student status does not guarantee admissions to the University.
- Certain courses may require permission from the instructor prior to registration.
View information on transient enrollment.