Interview Process & Overview
During a mock interview, an experienced employer will construct a simulated job interview asking you a series of
questions, just like a real interview. The interview itself lasts approximately 20 minutes, with about 10
additional minutes at the end of feedback by the employer. The employer interviewer will evaluate your strengths
and weaknesses, providing constructive feedback on all aspects of the job interview process.
- Helps reduce interview anxiety by familiarizing you with the interview process
- Boosts your confidence on the techniques you already do well
- Exposes any areas of professional growth and weaknesses you may have
- Allows for constructive feedback from experienced industry professionals
- Helps reflect on self-knowledge, experiences/accomplishments, and industry knowledge relating to positions of
Scheduling My Mock Interview
Preparing for Your Upcoming Mock Interview
Congratulations, you signed up! Now what? In preparation for your upcoming interview, please keep in mind a few
- For on-campus interviews, arrive 10-15 minutes early and bring your resume/any
other materials you would normally bring to a real interview.
- For virtual interviews, find a quiet place where you won't be distracted and
make sure you have easy access to the file containing your resume. Test your camera to make sure it works!
- Always dress professional
- Bring a notepad for note taking; your mock interviewer will provide you plenty of feedback
No Show/Cancellation Policy
As a professional courtesy, students are expected to show up for their scheduled interviews. Unless an
emergency, notice given less than 48 hours in advance of a scheduled interview is not
Mock interviews must be canceled AT LEAST 48 hours in advance without penalty. Any student that does not show
up or cancel a mock interview will not be allowed to participate in any on-campus interviewing activities until
a letter of apology is written to the recruiter. Two no-shows or late cancellations within the same semester
will result in a loss of ALL on-campus interviewing privileges for the remainder of the semester.