Career Peer Program
Career Peers specialize in providing students with professional career services to help all majors find and acquire great internships, work experience, and full-time jobs. Hand selected as UNF’s most successful undergraduate and graduate students, each Peer has completed at least one internship/work experience in their field and desire to share their career experiences with you.
Interested in becoming a Career Peer?
Career Peer Services
All Career Peers undergo over 25 hours of intensive career training throughout the year, so come prepared expecting exceptional service and guidance. These part-time employees are well positioned to help you acquire great internships and full-time positions. The Peers specialize in the following areas of service:
- Internship & full-time jobs acquisition strategies
- Resume & cover letter creation and updates
- Handshake & LinkedIn profile optimization
- Career Fair preparations
- Elevator pitches customized for recruiters and corporate engagement
- Mock interviewing
Setup a Meeting with a Peer of Your Choice
Congratulations! As a UNF student, you have made a great choice alongside top students to take your next professional steps. Figured out how to update your resume? Ready to find a paid internship or work experience to prepare for life post-college? Setup a time now to connect with your preferred Peer. What is the easiest way to schedule a meeting for your busy schedule?
|Request Appointment Online
||Schedule Appointment by Phone
||Email Your Preferred Peer
Request an appointment online through our Bookings link below
Walk-ins currently not available
Call Career Services to set up an available appointment
(904) 620-JOBS (5627)
Directly email your preferred Peer, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to set up an appointment
Find Your Peer
Take Flight - Find Your Career Peer
Finding professional guidance has never been easier for students. Are you ready? Your Peer is available this week to meet 1:1. Did you know most of our appointments are with students a Career Peer has never met? Step out, our Peers are trained to work with students from any major, or you can choose a Peer based on their specialty areas. Professionally trained, immediately available; which Career Peer will help you take flight with your next career steps?
Meet the Career Peers
Experience: The Adecco Group
Email | LinkedIn | Resume
Office Hours: Mon. & Thurs. 3 – 5:30pm
Senior, Business Management
Email | LinkedIn | Resume
Office Hours: Tues. & Wed. 3 – 5:30pm
Stand Out. Leave a Legacy. Get Paid!
Are you ready to inspire, encourage, and motivate younger students? Do you have a passion to help others and a desire to learn how to equip others with the career tools necessary to locate and acquire great internships? Are you up for receiving paid extensive career and leadership training for your own personal development?
If so, you are the type of student leader the Career Peer Program is looking to hire.
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate/graduate student
- Carry an overall 3.0 UNF GPA (minimum)
- Have one of the following work experiences:
- Held a significant on-campus leadership position
- Completed (or in progress to complete) an internship
- Other relevant work experience
- Hold weekly office hours (2–7 hours) meeting with students individually to provide mentoring services, including resume and cover letter critiquing, mock interviewing skills, internship research, networking, and more
- Attend weekly Career Peer training sessions (2 hours weekly) to develop mentoring, leadership, and career tool delivery methods. Among other areas, weekly training topics range from resume critiquing techniques, mock interviewing techniques, emotional intelligence and attending skills
- Meet with assigned Career Services staff for weekly refreshers and troubleshooting
- Market the program at select events and student organizations meetings
- Receive 25 to 30 paid hours of professional training and develop professional mentoring skill sets in the areas of personal brand management, helping others locate internships, performing professional resume critiquing, mock interviewing, and more
- Earn $10.00/hour for any work relating to Career Peer services, including professional career training
- Develop a professional relationship with your Career Services advisor, who may provide you with a valuable letter of recommendation for grad school, scholarships, or an internship/full time jobs
- Work in the Peers' office when holding office hours
- Learn about leadership opportunities within UNF you may not have previously known about
- Leave a legacy behind at UNF by making a real difference in the lives of numerous students
Selection Notification for New Peers
New Peers Orientation
For questions related to the Career Peer Program, please contact Emily Roth at email@example.com