Here's a partial list of organizations that may be useful to you.
- American Nurses Association - Nursing World
- American Nurses Credentialing Center
- American Academy of Nursing
Organization of distinguished leaders in nursing who have been recognized for their outstanding contributions to the profession and to health care.
- American Nurses Foundation (ANA)
Research, education, and charitable affiliate of the ANA.
- National Nurses Week
National Nurses Week is the time in May each year when you can demonstrate the importance of nursing in healthcare. Site includes media kits, catalog, and the Nightingale Pledge.
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing, Inc.
Information on public policy regarding nursing, nurse aides, and nursing regulation.
- American Association of Critical-Care Nurses
Provides clinical resources, journals, and educational opportunities to nursing and other health care professionals.
- National League for Nursing
Advancing the health of diverse communities through nursing.
- Association of periOperative Registered Nurses (AORN Online)
The professional organization of perioperative nurses that unites its members by providing education, representation, and standards for quality patient care.
- SSM Online : AORN's Information Resource for Perioperative Leaders
Gives perioperative managers and leaders immediate access to news and information about health care and perioperative management issues.
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Oncology Nursing Society
Interested in providing the best cancer care possible.
- Emergency Nurses Association
- Association of Women's Health, Obstetric and Neonatal Nurses (AWHONN)
Promotes excellence in nursing practice to improve the health of women and newborns.
- International Council of Nurses (ICN)
Federation of more than 120 national nurses' associations worldwide.
- American Psychiatric Nurses Association
Promoting optimal mental health care for those in need, while providing an environment that is conducive to educating nursing professionals.
- American Association of Legal Nurse Consultants
Nonprofit organization dedicated to the professional enhancement of registered nurses practicing in a consulting capacity in the legal field.
- American Association for the History of Nursing (AAHN)
- Visiting Nurse Associations of America
Represents VNA home health and hospice agencies.
- Association of Rehabilitation Nurses
Promotes and advances professional rehabilitation nursing practice through education, advocacy, collaboration, and research.
- American Association of Neuroscience Nurses
- Canadian Nurses Association
Seeks to advance the quality of nursing in the interests of the public.
Athletic Training and Physical Therapy