Online Master of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics Professional Studies in Dietetics
This is a 35-semester hour program with the concentration in Professional Studies in Dietetics. This program is for students who wish to emphasize the application of advanced nutrition knowledge in a clinical or community based practice. The coursework for this program is delivered using a distance learning format. The Online MS Nutrition Non-Internship Program allow students to pursue an independent research project as a culminating experience in their master's program or 6 pre-approved credits through a series of project, field experience, and independent study courses, respectively. Visit UNF's catalog website to view the required coursework.
Fall Term: August 1st
Summer Term: April 15th
This program admits for the fall semester (general cohort) and summer semester (community partner cohort) only. Note: This program is not for persons who want to apply to the MS/Dietetic Internship.
- Applicants must have
- A baccalaureate degree in nutrition from an ACEND accredited program
- Or a verification statement from an ACEND accredited program
- All applicants: a GPA of a 3.0 or higher in all work attempted in the last 60 credit hours of undergraduate study
How to Apply
For additional program requirements and how to apply please visit the Graduate School
Applicants meeting all criteria are typically notified of acceptance upon review*, space permitting. Application not meeting all criteria may be admitted to the trial program, on a competitive basis and space permitting.
The UNF Online MS Nutrition distance learning program is approved for non-standard tuition, e.g., market rate or self-supporting tuition. The tuition and fee assessments for these programs vary, and are shown on the UNF Tuition & Fees page Tuition and Fees- Graduate*. For information regarding state tuition waivers, please see our page on University accepted waivers.
Please contact the Online MS Nutrition Dietetics Director, Dr. Zhiping Yu.
Program of Study
Major Requirements (23 semester credits)
- DIE 6248 Clinical Nutrition (3)
- HUN 5265 Methods of Nutritional Assessment (1)
- HUN 6249 Nutrition and Metabolism (4)
- HUN 6612 Nutrition Education and Counseling (3)
- HUN 6911 Nutrition and Dietetics Seminar (3)
- HUN 6910 Nutrition and Dietetics Research (3)
- PHC 6050 Public Health Biostatistics I (3)
- HUN 6916 Advanced Concepts in Nutrition and Dietetics (3)
Concentration Requirements (12 semester credits)
- DIE 6970 Thesis (6)
- Students enrolled in the ‘thesis’ option are required to take 6 credits of DIE6970 and 6 credits of other electives listed below.
- DIE 6912 Projects in Nutrition/Dietetics (6)
- Students enrolled in the ‘projects’ option are required to take 6 credits of DIE6912 and 6 credits of other electives listed below.
- DIE 6390 Nutrition and Health in Refugee Populations (3)
- DIE 6931 Special Topics in Dietetics (3)
- DIE 6906 Dietetics Independent Study and Research (3)
- HSC 6509 Nutritional Epidemiology (3)
- HSC 6625 Global Health (3)
- HUN 6123 Socio-cultural Influences on Nutrition (3)