The seats for this track are limited each part-of-term enrollment period by the size of the facility utilized for the cohort. Each cohort can typically accommodate 50 students; seats are filled on a first-come, first-served basis for qualified applicants. Cohorts will not begin with less than 25 enrolled students.
- Active license to practice registered nursing in the applicant's state of residence;
- Nursing degree from a nationally accredited nursing program (Not sure about the nursing accreditation? Check with the Accreditation Commission on Education in Nursing);
- Satisfy UNF General Education & Gordon Rule requirements by one of the following*:
a. Sixty (60) semester hours of coursework from a regionally accredited institution with the satisfaction of UNF General Education & Gordon Rule per the UNF catalog
b. An Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree from a Florida public institution;
4. Minimum overall undergraduate GPA of at least 2.80 (please see the track's FAQs for a calculation explanation); and
5. Completion of all BSN prerequisite courses with no grade lower than "C".
*Students may finish an Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree at another Florida public institution while enrolled in the RN-BSN curriculum. However, these requirements must be completed by the end of the fourth (4th) part-of-term enrollment period. Note that those who wish to complete such missing requirements at UNF must due so prior to enrollment in the program. Transient enrollment requests will be required for courses taken at another institution while enrolled at UNF. Confirmation of enrollment in, or plans for, the remaining courses needed to complete these requirements at another regionally accredited institution must be submitted to Online Nursing. The confirmation letter should include: 1) courses remaining to complete the degree; 2) expected completion date; 3) advisor's signature. Further, the confirmation letter must be on the institution's official letterhead; please contact Online Nursing for a template.
Students with an ASN or nursing diploma from any nationally accredited nursing program are also encouraged to apply. All transcripts (excluding NUR courses) will be evaluated for transfer credit and adjusted GPA.
Note that while foreign language is not required for admission to the online RN-BSN cohorts, it must be satisfied by the end of the fourth (4th) part-of-term enrollment period in order to graduate. Candidates may consult the UNF Undergraduate Catalog online or review our FAQ document to see how this requirement may be satisfied.
Questions regarding missing courses/prerequisites? Contact Online Nursing.
How to Apply:
Apply to UNF
- Pay $30 UNF application fee (new & returning applicants). This may be done online, by mail, or in person. Check with the One-Stop Center at (904) 620-5555 regarding acceptable payment methods and policies regarding who must pay the fee.
- Submit transcripts from all institutions awarding credit or enrolled at during your academic career (even if you withdrew and received no credit). NOTE: this includes dual enrollment, transient enrollment, foreign studies, AP, AICE, CLEP, IB, DANTES, military, etc. For all courses taken outside of the United States, please submit official copies of course-by-course foreign college evaluations from approved agencies such as Josef Silny & Associates or World Education Services (the acceptability of evaluations from other organizations may be checked with the One Stop Center).
- Complete the RN-BSN Bridge Program Enrollment Selection Form (link will open as a .pdf file) and upload it in myWings under your application checklist.
- Upload a copy of your current RN licensure or NCLEX-RN appointment proof (see FAQs for details regarding acceptable documents) in myWings under your application checklist.
Transcripts, the Enrollment Selection Form, and your licensure (or testing appointment) proof are all due to the One-Stop Center by the deadline. Late materials will not be accepted or considered.
DO NOT SUBMIT TRANSCRIPTS TO THE SCHOOL OF NURSING DIRECTLY AS THEY MUST GO TO THE ONE-STOP CENTER FOR INITIAL PROCESSING AND INPUT. Please use the below address for any submissions by mail. For assistance with self-uploads of materials, please contact the UNF One-Stop at (904) 620-5555.
Confirmation of these items should be handled online through your myWings account at www.unf.edu. If you need assistance with applying, please phone (855) 478-2013.
University of North Florida
Attn: One-Stop Center
1 UNF Drive
Jacksonville, FL 32224
Note: Agencies in the community may require proof of negative TB test, current CPR, or other immunization or background information. In those instances, it is the student's responsibility to provide the necessary documentation to the agency.
Additionally, there are specific technology requirements for the program. Please review the link located on the right-hand menu of the School of Nursing homepage for the most up-to-date university technology requirements.