Athletic Training Program Student Health Policy
- All students must meet the following requirements at all times while in the Athletic Training Program. These requirements are above and beyond what is required for admittance into the University. The Program does not provide financial support for these requirements and the student is solely responsible for the costs associated with the following exams, vaccinations, and tests.
- a. Completed physical examination form and medical history attesting to their health and ability to meet the Technical Standards.
- b. Documentation of the following immunizations at Student Medical Services, on the physical examination form, or both:
- Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
- Hepatitis B
- TB test
- If a TB test is positive, a chest x-ray must be completed.
- A signed Technical Standards Form acknowledging the student's ability to meet the technical standards of the program.
- If there is any change in the status of the aforementioned policies, the student must notify the Program Director.
2. Athletic training students with contagious or potentially contagious illnesses should avoid direct patient contact, regardless of clinical setting.
- Athletic training students have access to a variety of health care services on campus or through their own health care provider. In the event of a contagious or potentially contagious illness, seeking medical care is strongly recommended by the Athletic Training Program.
- Athletic training students should not return to their clinical site until the individual is in a non-contagious state or at the opinion of their health care provider.
3. All athletic training students must complete Blood Borne Pathogens training annually. A Blood Borne Pathogens training course will be provided by the Program at the beginning of each academic year.